|Visual Effects Artist
Double Helix Games – Irvine, CA
Unannounced FPS Project (Xbox360, PS3, PC) July 2010- March 2011
- Utilized third party plug-ins to develop the initial look of character blood and create various textures.
- Developed the look of FPS character weapons effects based off of real-world examples.
- Worked closely with the VFX tools engineer to develop and implement various new shaders to optimize performance and the visual look of in-game effects.
- Worked with multiple game programmers in the development of XML based game systems including one to handle in-game destructibles.
Front Mission: Evolved (Xbox 360, PS3, PC) April 2008 - July 2010
- Developed the look of the weapon effects, such as muzzle flashes and bullet impacts, for the game.
- Created a majority of in game character effects including the jet pack, skate effects, etc.
- Worked with designers to create various boss character effects.
- Worked with programmers to develop xml based systems to be used with our weapons effects and footstep effects.
- Helped in the integration of the current VFX tool into a new engine and helped with the redesign of the toolset and functionality.
Silent Hill: Homecoming (Xbox 360, PS3, PC) May 2006 – June 2008
- Created textures and VFX to enhance the creepy feel of the game.
- Worked closely with a systems engineer to create new fog tech and implement it into the game.
- Created character effects for characters in the game and implement various environment effects including water, blood and destructibles.
- Instructed new effects artists on the pipeline and use of the tools, including optimization of textures and VFX.
- Worked with a tools engineer on the creation of our VFX tool outside of the level editor.
Da Vinci Code (Xbox, PS2, PC) November 2005 – April 2006
Production Assistant/Assoc VFX Artist
- Created and placed environmental VFX into multiple levels
- Created and implemented VFX into various in game cinematics as well as troubleshooting and implementation into levels.
- Scheduled and oversaw a group of outsourced animators in the creation and animation of the game’s cinematics.
Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure (Xbox, PS2, PC) September 2005 – December 2005
Production Assistant/Assoc VFX Artist
- Learned cinematic pipeline, implemented and troubleshot various in game cinematics into the game.
- Placed fullscreen effects into various in game cinematics.
- Learned the company’s proprietary VFX software, and implemented environmental FX.
- Worked with multiple excel sheets in order to time both English and localized subtitles
Internship – Production Coordinator Assistant September 2004 – July 2005
NewKat Studios, Burbank, CA
- General management duties for 3D animated short.
- Used Microsoft Project to create timeline for animated short.
- Created multimedia packets for clients.
- Networked with others in Entertainment Industry to network and gain experience
University of California at Santa Barbara, Instructional Computing
September 2002 – August 2005
Operations and Coordinator
- Supervised the main campus computer labs and other remote labs
- Responsible for faculty outreach
- Channeled software requests and lab schedule requests to the correct resources.
- Taught, and developed workshops to further Consultant knowledge in software
- Troubleshot both Windows and Mac platforms
Language & Media Facilitator, Manager:
- Hired and scheduled Language & Media Facilitators
- Managed 7 students independently to maintain the Media and Learning Labs
- Worked closely with professors
- Created projects for students
- Researched new software programs to use in the labs
- Developed schema and requirements for the DVD/VHS/Media database
- Led Biweekly operations meetings with Language Facilitators
Photoshop, Maya, Illustrator, Flash, Filemaker, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Director, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project, Outlook)
General (HTML, FTP Clients, SSH), Various company proprietary tools
B.A., University of California at Santa Barbara
- 2005 Graduate majoring in Art Studio
- Graduated with Honors
References upon request.